How To Maximize Your SMX Advanced Experience, June 5-6 in Seattle
Whether you’re a first timer or an SMX Advanced alum, there are many ways to maximize your conference experience. You’ll have a variety of in-person and online opportunities to learn and share information, meet other attendees, connect with speakers, check out exhibitors, and expand your own circle of influence. Although All Access passes are no longer available, you can still participate in a variety of activities via the Network Pass, or get intensive training post-conference with our June 7th workshops.
Ways to maximize your SMX experience:
- Follow us on Twitter @SMX, as we live tweet news, updates and information from the conference. We also encourage the use of the #SMX hashtag on Twitter during the conference so that you can find other show related tweets and share your own. It’s an excellent way to connect with other speakers and attendees before, during, and after the show. And of course, if you have any questions about our shows, just let us know!
- Connect with us on Facebook and Google+ as we will be sharing attendee and speaker blog posts and photos. The #SMX hashtag also works on Google+ in the same manner as Twitter, so tune in and share your posts!
- We also have a private Facebook group created especially for SMX Advanced delegates, which will allow you to and post any questions you have directly to other Advanced attendees. If you don’t have the link to request to join, please email akvile[at]thirddoormedia.com
- A lot of SMX attendees also use Foursquare. Check in with us at the conference, leave your own tips and find others while on site.
- We would also recommend planning your agenda ahead of time. See which sessions are of interest to you, and if you are coming with a group, it can be useful for each person in your group to attend different sessions so that you can learn more and share with your team after the show. Here’s the agenda – and don’t miss out on the two exciting keynotes from Matt Cutts of Google and Derrick Connell of Bing. Lastly, don’t forget to check out the Covario and Bing Plus sessions!
- Scope out the conference networking events, it’s a great way to meet other attendees and speakers and it’s an excellent way to build new connections. Here is the schedule for SMX Advanced networking events.
- Meet & Greet Reception – Sponsored by Adobe Systems, Inc., Brafton, Bruce Clay Inc., and BrightEdge.
- Expo Hall Reception
- SMX After Dark – Sponsored by Covario
- Closing Night Bash – Sponsored by SEOmoz
- Want to participate in a more structured networking activity? Join a Birds-Of-A-Feather (BOF) table for a great opportunity to continue the conversation with others who share your interests. Seating is limited so don’t miss out on this rare opportunity – register now! NOTE: BOF lunches are limited to registered SMX Advanced All Access attendees and speakers – you cannot sign up otherwise. If you have any questions, please email akvile[at]thirddoormedia.com. BOF lunches are sponsored by Stone Temple Consulting.
- Extend your learning and get an an extra day of learning, sharing ideas, and making connections. Register for one of our six tactic-packed workshops taking place on June 7th. Attend the Facebook Marketing Intensive, In-House SEO Exchange, International Search Summit, SEO Training, Advanced AdWords Training, or Local University Advanced workshop.
- Bring a laptop/tablet/note pad to take notes on during the sessions. There will be a lot of information shared during each session, but don’t feel overwhelmed. If you miss something, you can either ask someone from that session at a later point, check and see if it was posted on our social channels, reach out to the speaker directly, find it in the conference presentations after the show, or feel free to contact us! And don’t forget to bring extra batteries to stay charged!
- Don’t forget business cards, they are quite handy to have on site!
- After SMX Advanced wraps up, we collect all speaker presentations and will send out an email with them to All Access attendees, in case you missed a key point or want to refer back to them and compare notes. Please allow us a few days after the conference to gather them.
If you have any additional tips for maximizing your experience at one of our shows, we’d love to hear them! Please feel free to contact us and let us know. We want you to enjoy the sessions, speakers, and events to the max!
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Not able to make it this year? We’ll be back in Seattle next year again, June 4-5, 2013 – save the date!