How To Maximize Your SMX East Experience, Oct. 2-4 in NYC
September 19, 2012 by Akvile Harlow
Whether you’re a first timer or an SMX East alum, there are many ways to maximize your conference experience. You’ll have a variety of in-person and online opportunities to learn and share information, meet other attendees, connect with speakers, check out exhibitors, and expand your own circle of influence. Don’t have a pass yet? There’s still time to register for All Access, workshop, or free Expo+ passes!
Ways to maximize your SMX experience:
- Follow us on Twitter @SMX, as we live tweet news, updates and information during the conference. We also encourage the use of the #SMX hashtag on Twitter during the conference so that you can find other show related tweets and share your own. It’s an excellent way to connect with other speakers and attendees before, during, and after the show. And of course, if you have any questions about our shows, just let us know!
- Connect with us on Facebook and Google+ as we will be sharing attendee and speaker blog posts and photos. The #SMX hashtag also works on Google+ in the same manner as Twitter, so tune in and share your own posts!
- We also have a private Facebook group created especially for SMX East All Access pass holders, which will allow you to and post any questions you have directly to other All Access attendees and speakers. If you don’t have the link to request to join, please email akvile[at]thirddoormedia.com
- A lot of SMX attendees also use Foursquare. Check in with us at the conference, leave your own tips and find others while on site.
- We would also recommend planning your agenda ahead of time. See which sessions are of interest to you, and if you are coming with a group, it can be useful for each person in your group to attend different sessions so that you can learn more and share with your team after the show. Here’s the agenda – and don’t miss out on the keynote conversation with John Borthwick of Betaworks and Danny Sullivan of Search Engine Land. Attending with an Expo+ pass? Plan your time at the show by checking out the Expo+ agenda.
- Don’t forget to check out the Learn with Google track and Plus Sessions from Bing, Covario, SEMPO, Conductor, Page One Power, and Quantcast!
- Scope out the conference networking events, it’s a great way to meet other attendees and speakers and it’s an excellent way to build new connections. Here is the schedule for SMX East networking events.
– Meet & Greet Reception – Sponsored by Bruce Clay Inc. and Brafton.
– Meet The Authors
– Expo Hall Reception
– SMX After Dark Charity Party – It’s All for the Kids – Sponsored by Covario
- Extend your learning and get an an extra day of learning, sharing ideas, and making connections. Register for one of our six tactic-packed workshops taking place on October 1st. Attend Facebook Marketing Intensive, In-House SEO Exchange, International Search Summit, SEO Training, Advanced AdWords Training, or Local University Advanced.
- Bring a laptop/tablet/note pad to take notes on during the sessions. There will be a lot of information shared during each session, but don’t feel overwhelmed. If you miss something, you can either ask someone from that session at a later point, check and see if it was posted on our social channels, reach out to the speaker directly, find it in the conference presentations after the show, or feel free to contact us! And don’t forget to bring extra batteries to stay charged!
- Don’t forget business cards, they are quite handy to have on site!
- After SMX East wraps up, we collect all speaker presentations and will send out an email with them to All Access attendees, in case you missed a key point or want to refer back to them and compare notes. Please allow us a few days after the conference to gather them.
Tight on budget but want to attend? Register for a Free Expo+ pass before October 1 to Learn with Google, attend plus sessions, theater presentations, the exciting keynote, and network at the Expo Hall Reception!
We look forward to seeing you at SMX East!
Not able to make it this year? We’ll be back to NYC again next year, October 1-3, 2013 – save the date or join us at our next conference this December, SMX Social Media Marketing!