How To Maximize Your SMX Advanced Experience, June 11-12 in Seattle
May 15, 2013 by Akvile Harlow
Whether you’re a first timer or an SMX Advanced alum, there are many ways to maximize your conference experience. You’ll have a variety of in-person and online opportunities to learn and share information, meet other attendees, connect with speakers, check out exhibitors, and expand your own circle of influence. Don’t have a ticket yet but want to join us? All Access passes have sold out, however, we do still have Networking and Workshop passes available!
- Follow us on Twitter, as we live tweet from the show. We also encourage the use of the #SMX hashtag during the conference so that you can find other show related tweets and share your own.
- Connect with us on Facebook and Google+. The #SMX hashtag also works on Google+.
- Join the private Facebook group created especially for attendees and speakers, which will allow you to post questions and begin connecting with others. If you are registered for an All Access pass, but don’t have the link, please email akvile[at]thirddoormedia.com.
- Scope out the networking events, it’s an excellent way to meet and build connections with other attendees and speakers. Here is the schedule for SMX Advanced networking events.
- “Meet Your Neighbor” at a Networking Breakfast Table – Fuel up on your favorite caffeinated (or decaf) beverage and breakfast treats while meeting other attendees from your neck of the woods. With your All Access pass, we encourage you to sign up for a networking breakfast table, and we’ll seat you with others who hail from the same geographic region. It’s a great way to make connections at the conference that you can take home with you. Tables will be offered on Tuesday, June 11. General breakfast seating will also be available on Tuesday, as well as Wednesday June 12. You can register to participate in Meet Your Neighbor when you sign up for your Birds of a Feather table. Please note that seating is limited.
- Plan your agenda ahead of time. See which sessions interest you and if you are coming with a group, it can be useful for each person to attend a different session so that you can all later share the information.
- Extend your stay and get an extra day of learning, sharing ideas, and making connections. Register for one of our six tactic-packed workshops taking place on June 13th.
- Bring a laptop/tablet/note pad for note taking. There will be a lot of information shared during each session, but don’t feel overwhelmed. If you miss something, you can either ask someone from that session at a later point, check and see if it was posted on our social channels, reach out to the speaker directly, find it in the conference presentations after the show, or feel free to contact us! And don’t forget to bring extra batteries to stay charged! If you need to power up, the expo hall has a charging station and first two rows of each session room are equipped with chargers.
- Don’t forget business cards! Either bring some with you or snap a photo to send to others you meet.
- After SMX Advanced comes to an end, we collect all speaker presentations and will send out an email with them to All Access attendees. Please allow us a few days after the conference to gather them.
Tight on budget but want to attend? Register for a Networking Pass, just $139 before June 10 ($159 at the door) to attend “Plus” sessions featuring case studies, best practices and search marketing solutions presentations from leading providers. Visit with market-defining exhibitors and sponsors including Premier sponsors Bing, Google, DoubleClick Search, and Gold sponsors BrightEdge, Bruce Clay Inc., Marin Software and Quantcast. Watch the Tuesday, June 11 keynote You@A with Matt Cutts from high-def-monitors in the Expo Hall. Plus gain access to a number of networking events to make industry connections!
We look forward to seeing you soon at SMX Advanced!
Not able to make it this year? We’ll be back in Seattle again next summer – save the date or join us at SMX East, October 1-3 in NYC!