How To Maximize Your SMX Social Media Marketing Experience, Nov. 20-21 in Las Vegas
November 11, 2013 by Akvile Harlow
Whether you’re a first timer or an SMX Social Media Marketing alum, there are many ways to maximize your conference experience. You’ll have a variety of in-person and online opportunities to learn and share information, meet other attendees, connect with speakers, check out exhibitors, and expand your own circle of influence. Don’t have a pass yet? There’s still time to register for All Access, Workshop, Bootcamp, or free Expo+ passes!
- Follow us on Twitter, as we live tweet from the show. We also encourage the use of the #SMX hashtag during the conference so that you can find other show related tweets and share your own.
- Connect with us on Facebook, Google+, and Instagram. The #SMX hashtag also works on these channels.
- Join the private Facebook group created especially for All Access pass holders and speakers, which will allow you to post questions and begin connecting with others. If you are registered for an All Access pass, but don’t have the link, please email akvile[at]thirddoormedia.com.
- Scope out the networking events, it’s an excellent way to meet and build connections with other attendees and speakers. Join us at the Meet & Greet, the Expo Hall Reception, Birds of a Feather lunch tables, and much more! Here is the schedule for SMX Social Media Marketing networking events.
- Plan your agenda ahead of time. See which sessions interest you and if you are coming with a group, it can be useful for each person to attend a different session so that you can all later share the information. Please take special note of our latest additions to the program, including the Keynote with the Boston Celtic’s Senior Director of Interactive Media, Peter Stringer and the aimClear Plus session on Wednesday, and a Book Signing with Lisa Buyer on Thursday.
- Extend your stay and get an extra day of learning, sharing ideas, and making connections. Register for one of our four tactic-packed workshops taking place on November 19.
- Bring a laptop/tablet/note pad for note taking. There will be a lot of information shared during each session, but don’t feel overwhelmed. If you miss something, you can either ask someone from that session at a later point, check and see if it was posted on our social channels, reach out to the speaker directly, find it in the conference presentations after the show, or feel free to contact us! And don’t forget to bring extra batteries to stay charged! If you need to power up, aimClear has a Recharge Center located in Pinyon 4 and first row of each session room is equipped with chargers.
- Don’t forget business cards! Either bring some with you or snap a photo to send to others you meet.
- After SMX Social Media Marketing comes to an end, we collect all speaker presentations and will send out an email with them to All Access attendees. Please allow us a few days after the conference to gather them.
Not registered yet? There’s still time! Register by November 19 and save with pre-conference rates!
Tight on budget but want to attend? Register for a Free Expo+ pass before November 19 ($50 at the door) to attend one session of your choice, participate in plus sessions, the exciting keynote, meet marketing solutions providers, and network at the Expo Hall Reception.
We look forward to bringing you a great show. See you soon at SMX Social Media Marketing!
Not able to make it this year? We’ll be back to Las Vegas again next fall – save the date or join us at SMX West, March 11-13, 2014!