How To Maximize Your SMX West Experience, March 11-13 in San Jose
February 21, 2014 by Akvile Harlow
Whether you’re a first timer or an SMX West alum, there are many ways to maximize your conference experience. You’ll have a variety of in-person and online opportunities to learn and share information, meet other attendees, connect with speakers, check out exhibitors, and expand your own circle of influence. Don’t have a pass yet? There’s still time to register for All Access, Workshop, Search Marketing Boot Camp, Social Media Marketing Boot Camp, or free Expo+ passes!
- Follow us on Twitter, as we live tweet from the show. We also encourage the use of the #SMX hashtag during the conference so that you can find other show related tweets and share your own.
- Connect with us on Facebook, Google+, and Instagram. We’d love to see your posts/photos from the show and encourage you to tag them with the #SMX hashtag.
- Join the private Facebook group created especially for All Access pass holders and speakers, which will allow you to post questions and begin connecting with others. If you are registered for an All Access pass, but don’t have the link, please email akvile[at]thirddoormedia.com.
- SMX Orientation: Optimizing Your Conference Experience - First time at an SMX show? Get a jump start on meeting other attendees and the inside scoop on everything you need to know about making the most of your show experience! Join us Monday, March 10 from 5:30PM to 6:00PM.
- Scope out the networking events, it’s an excellent way to meet and build connections with other attendees and speakers. Join us at the Meet & Greet, sponsored by Bruce Clay Inc., the Expo Hall Reception sponsored by Stone Temple Consulting, Birds of a Feather lunch tables, and much more! Here is the schedule for SMX West networking events.
- Conference Yoga: Social Matworking at SMX. New this year! Clear your mind each morning before a jam packed day of learning. Stretch your body, relax your mind, and connect with other conference-goers in a whole new way. Cost is $15 a class or register for all 3 at $35. Register online or drop-in and pay in person with cash or card.
- Plan your agenda ahead of time. See which sessions interest you and if you are coming with a group, it can be useful for each person to attend a different session so that you can all later share the information. Please take special note of our latest additions to the program, including the Keynote with Google’s Search Chief, Amit Singhal, Evening Forum with Danny Sullivan, and the Learn with Google sessions.
- Arrive early and get an extra day of learning, sharing ideas, and making connections. Register for one of our six tactic-packed workshops taking place on March 10.
- Bring a laptop/tablet/note pad for note taking. There will be a lot of information shared during each session, but don’t feel overwhelmed. If you miss something, you can either ask someone from that session at a later point, check and see if it was posted on our social channels, reach out to the speaker directly, find it in the conference presentations after the show, or feel free to contact us! And don’t forget to bring extra batteries to stay charged! If you need to power up, the expo hall has a charging station and first two rows of each session room are equipped with chargers.
- Don’t forget business cards! Either bring some with you or snap a photo to send to others you meet.
- Wondering what to pack? Keep an eye out in your inbox as we will be sending you an email soon with details about what to wear, transportation options, and everything else you will need to know before traveling.
- After SMX West comes to an end, we collect all speaker presentations and will send out an email with them to All Access attendees. Please allow us a few days after the conference to gather them.
Not registered yet? There’s still time! Register by March 10 and save with pre-conference rates!
Tight on budget but want to attend? Register for a Free Expo+ pass before March 10 ($50 at the door or online) to attend Learn with Google sessions, over 20 theater presentations, Plus sessions, two inspiring keynotes and more.
We look forward to bringing you a great show. See you soon at SMX West!