Search Marketing Boot Camp @ SMX East 2014: Learn the Search Marketing Basics
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) can be overwhelming when you are just starting out. That’s why we created SMX Boot Camp — a one day conference experience featuring:
- sessions that will prepare you to implement traffic- and revenue-boosting SEM techniques…right away
- networking opportunities that will introduce you to others in the industry who will prove to be professional resources and personal friends, including our online social networking tool to meet people before the conference and in-person networking activities like birds-of-a-feather topic lunch tables!
Search Marketing Boot Camp only passes are available for an incredible low price! Keep reading to learn more.
Search Marketing Boot Camp is programmed by conference co-chairs Danny Sullivan and Chris Sherman. Danny and Chris have taught basic and advanced SEM to tens-of-thousands of search marketers for more than a decade. The Boot Camp curriculum is so actionable – and presented so clearly – attendees frequently implement tactics they learn during session breaks!
When he’s not programming SMX, Danny is Founding Editor of Search Engine Land, the leading news and analysis blog for search marketing professionals, and Chief Content Officer for SMX parent company Third Door Media. As Vice President of Event Editorial, Chris the creative force behind Search Marketing Expo events around the world. He is also the author of several books on search marketing and technologies.
Attend All the Search Marketing Boot Camp Sessions and Get Your Certificate of Completion
Attend each of the four Boot Camp sessions and you’ll receive your Certificate of Completion to take home with you, signed by Danny. In order to receive your certificate, you’ll need to get your attendance validated at the end of each session. Only those who can demonstrate attendance at all Boot Camp sessions will receive their certificates.
SMX Boot Camp Agenda, September 30, 2014
Note: This preliminary agenda is subject to change.
9am-10:15am: Keyword Research & Copywriting For Search Success
The first step to success with any marketing campaign is to know your message. With search marketing, that means knowing the search terms that are being used by your target audience. And though it sounds obvious, it helps to actually use those words in your web pages! This session covers the importance of textual content to search engines and how with some forethought, you can create HTML title tags and body copy that works to generate search traffic which also pleases your human visitors.
10:45am-noon: Link Building Fundamentals
Ever since Google created PageRank, every good search marketer’s motto has been “I link, therefore I am.” They’re important! Though linking seems easy, it’s a far more subtle art than most realize, and there are right and wrong ways to conduct your linking campaign. In this session, we’ll look at how to reach out and get quality links, how to craft anchor text to build authority, and how to avoid commonplace mistakes that will hurt your web credibility (and search engine rankings).
1:45pm-3:00pm: Paid Search Fundamentals
Paid search allows you to generate traffic from search engines by purchasing ads, usually on a cost-per-click (CPC) / pay-per-click (PPC) basis. This session covers the basics of how to purchase placement from the major search engines, including best practices for success with your ads.
3:45pm-5:00pm: Search Engine Friendly Web Design
“I’m not designing my site for search engines,” is a common designer objection to SEO suggestions. The reality, however, is that search engines are the starting point for most internet users these days, and if your site is difficult for Google, Bing or other search engines to “read”, it’s never going to work for your human visitors, either. Attend this session and learn how to create search engine friendly sites that are equally appealing to human visitors.
Two ways to Attend Search Marketing Boot Camp!
SMX Boot Camp will take place Tuesday, September 30, 2014. There are two ways to attend:
- 1. An Search Marketing Boot Camp Pass is good on September 30 for the four sessions listed above. In addition, you get access to our attendee only Facebook page to meet others and set appointments before the conference. You are also invited to attend lunch and sign up for a birds-of-a-feather topic table, plus all of the parties and other networking activities that will take place September 30. Best of all, after completing the Boot Camp, if you decide to stay for the rest of SMX East, we’ll apply 100% of your registration price to your upgrade.
- 2. An All Access pass provide you admission to three days of content (including SMX Boot Camp) and more than 50 SMX East sessions on:
- paid search
- search engine optimization (SEO)
- social media marketing
- local search marketing
- mobile search marketing
…and much more. If you choose to upgrade, we’ll apply the full amount you paid for the Search Marketing Boot Camp pass to the upgrade!
Boot Camp Sessions are included in an SMX East All Access pass (see what you get with an All Access Pass here).
Here are the rates for Boot Camp passes:
Want to register by phone or have questions? Call (877) 242-5242 Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm Eastern time. Or e-mail us at email@example.com.