Get the Boss Onboard! Attend Search Marketing Expo – SMX East 2014
We know you get it: You’ll learn things and make connections at SMX East that will make you a more effective internet marketer.
But convincing your supervisor can be difficult, so we’ve prepared this letter to help you.
Just copy the content to e-mail or download the Word doc or PDF. Customize as you see fit, then send it on for approval. The reasons for coming and the expenses are itemized, so your supervisor will know exactly why you want to come and what it will cost!
Click Ctrl-C (⌘-C on a Mac) to copy/paste the contents below:
Please consider approving my request to attend Search Marketing Expo – SMX East 2014 in New York City September 30 to October 2.
Attending this conference is a worthwhile investment. Here’s why:
• SMX East sessions (more than 60 to choose from!) provide actionable tactics and best practices we will implement to drive traffic and increase conversions;
• SMX East covers all of the online marketing options we are now using or should consider, including paid search advertising, SEO, social media (earned, owned and paid), display advertising and local/mobile.
• SMX East is an outstanding networking opportunity. I’ll meet other internet marketers and learn how they’re tackling the marketing challenges we’re currently working to solve.
• SMX East is programmed by independent experts, not vendors or an agency with services to sell. The conference is co-chaired by Danny Sullivan and Chris Sherman; who have been programming must-attend internet marketing conferences for more than 15 years.
• Check out this video featuring some of the people who attend SMX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJmvjEkHZvE
The investment in attending SMX East breaks down like this:
Pre-conference rate = $1795
Hotel: (3 nights at $360 +tax) $1197
Total cost = $3492
I am requesting approval now so we can take advantage of the pre-conference rate of $1795 – a $100 savings off the full price. Rates increase September 30.
An SMX registration includes – for free – lots of money-saving services that other conferences don’t provide, including:
* Breakfast and hot lunches every day
* Snacks and drinks all day
* Transportation from the hotel to convention center
* Wi-Fi access so I can stay connected
* Networking events and birds-of-a-feather lunches so I can meet others working on the same challenges
Thank you for considering this request. Again, if I get approval now, then we can save $100 on the registration. The total investment will be about $3500.
<your name here>