Get the Boss Onboard! Attend SMX West 2015
We know you get it: You’ll learn things and make connections at SMX West that will make you a more effective internet marketer.
But convincing your supervisor can be difficult, so we’ve prepared this letter to help you.
Just copy the content to e-mail or download the Word doc or PDF. Customize as you see fit, then send it on for approval. The reasons for coming and the expenses are itemized, so your supervisor will know exactly why you want to come and what it will cost!
- Click either icon at right to download.
- Or, click in the text box below to copy. You can then paste the content into an email.
Click Ctrl-C (⌘-C on a Mac) to copy/paste the contents below:
Please consider approving my request to attend Search Marketing Expo – SMX West 2015 in San Jose, CA March 3-5.
Attending this conference is a worthwhile investment. Here’s why:
* SMX West sessions (more than 60 to choose from) provide actionable tactics and best practices we will implement to drive traffic and increase conversions;
* SMX West covers all of the online marketing options we are now using or should consider, including paid search advertising, SEO, social media (paid/earned/owned), display advertising and local/mobile.
* SMX West is an outstanding networking opportunity. I’ll meet other internet marketers and learn how they’re tackling the marketing challenges we’re currently working to solve.
* SMX West is programmed by the editors of Search Engine Land and Marketing Land. They are independent experts, not vendors or an agency with services to sell. The conference is co-chaired by Danny Sullivan and Chris Sherman; who have been programming must-attend internet marketing conferences for more than 15 years.
* Check out this video of people who attended SMX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJmvjEkHZvE
The investment in attending SMX West breaks down like this:
Early bird rate = $1595 (expires January 30)
Hotel: (3 nights at $209 – doesn’t include tax) $627
An SMX registration includes – for free – lots of money-saving services that other conferences don’t provide, including:
* Breakfast and hot lunches every day
* Snacks and drinks all day
* Wi-Fi access so I can stay connected
* Networking events and birds-of-a-feather lunches so I can meet others working on the same challenges
Thank you for considering this request. The total investment will be just $2700 if I register by early bird deadline.
<your name here>