Venue, Hotel and Travel Information for SMX West
San Jose, CA: March 3 – March 5, 2015
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, San Jose, California is the perfect location for SMX West 2015! It’s a warm, sophisticated city with great weather, walkable streets, and an atmosphere offering both culture and entertainment. The cleverly planned, compact downtown is easy to get to and is packed with great restaurants, artistic performances, nightclubs, and shopping. San Jose offers the perfect blend of convenience and entertainment the SMX community loves.
The McEnery Convention Center is the primary site for most of the SMX West activities. A couple of conference sessions, the Meet & Greet reception, and evening networking will take place at the San Jose Marriott, attached to the convention center. Your Conference Guide, which can be picked up at the convention center SMX West Registration Desk, will give you information on where everything is located. The Visitor Information Center at the Convention Center, open from 8am – 5pm daily, offers visitors and attendees a wide array of services including:
- Dining information
- Visitor information on area attractions
- Brochures and maps of San Jose and the Greater Bay Area
San Jose Marriott
301 South Market Street
San Jose, CA 95113
Take advantage of the special SMX West rate – just $209 per night. Reserve online when you register for SMX West, or call (877) 242-5242 in order to get the special SMX West conference rate.
The San Jose Marriott is directly connected to the San Josè McEnery Convention Center, just minutes from the city’s easy-to-manage San Jose International Airport (SJC). Inside the hotel you’ll find The Corner Market Kitchen, Arcadia Restaurant and TANQ Bar, all providing the perfect environment to meet with your team, connect with SMX attendees, and enjoy free Wi-Fi connectivity.
Sleeping rooms also have free Wi-Fi and a great work area desk. Squeeze in a workout in the fitness center, featuring an outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi.
San Jose is home to one of the Bay Area’s three international airports.
- The San Jose International Airport (SJC) is located about 4 miles from the San Jose McEnery Convention Center
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO), located 35 miles northwest of San Jose off US Route 101 on the peninsula.
- Oakland International Airport (OAK), which is 40 miles north off I-880 in the East Bay.
San Jose has three commuter rail lines:
- Caltrain runs up the Peninsula to San Francisco.
- Amtrak California’s Capitol Corridor line runs through the East Bay and then inland to Sacramento and Auburn. Amtrak’s Coast Starlight line runs daily from Seattle, through the Bay Area and down the coast to Los Angeles.
- The Altamont Commuter Express runs from Stockton, Livermore, and Pleasanton into San Jose and the Santa Clara Valley in the morning and then returns in the late afternoon and evening.
All the above rail lines stop at Diridon Station, San Jose’s central train station. It is located downtown, at 65 Cahill Street, just across West Santa Clara Street from the H.P. Pavilion.
Capitol and Tamien stations serve the southern part of the city.By bus:
Greyhound has a bus station downtown at Almaden Avenue (not Almaden Blvd.) and Post Street.By car:
San Jose is connected to San Francisco by two major freeways, US-101 and Interstate 280. From Los Angeles, take I-5 North to CA-152 West to US-101 North. From the East Bay, use either I-880 or I-680 South.