How To Maximize Your Experience at SMX Advanced, June 11-12 in Seattle
May 30, 2014 by Akvile Harlow
Whether you’re a first timer or an SMX Advanced alum, there are many ways to maximize your conference experience. You’ll have a variety of in-person and online opportunities to learn and share information, meet other attendees, connect with speakers, check out exhibitors, and expand your own circle of influence. Don’t have a pass yet? There’s still time to register for a Workshop, Search Engine Land Summit, or Networking Pass!
- Follow us on Twitter, as we live tweet from the show. We also encourage the use of the #SMX hashtag during the conference so that you can find other show related tweets and share your own.
- Connect with us on Facebook, Google+, and Instagram. We’d love to see your posts/photos from the show and encourage you to tag them with the #SMX hashtag.
- Join the private Facebook group created especially for All Access pass holders and speakers, which will allow you to post questions and begin connecting with others. If you are registered, but don’t have the link, please email akvile[at]thirddoormedia.com.
- Scope out the networking events, it’s an excellent way to meet and build connections with other attendees and speakers. Join us at the Meet & Greet, Expo Hall Reception, Birds of a Feather lunch tables, Janes of Digital, and much more! Here is the schedule for SMX Advanced networking events.
- Plan your agenda ahead of time. See which sessions interest you and if you are coming with a group, it can be useful for each person to attend a different session so that you can all later share the information. Please take special note of our latest additions to the program, including Learn with Google, the You&A with Google’s Matt Cutts, and keynote with Marcus Ash and Rob Chambers of Bing/Microsoft as they discuss Cortana & The Predictive Search Future.
- Arrive early and get an extra day of learning, sharing ideas, and making connections. Register for one of our five tactic-packed workshops or the Search Engine Land Summit taking place on June 10.
- Bring a laptop/tablet/note pad for note taking. There will be a lot of information shared during each session, but don’t feel overwhelmed. If you miss something, you can either ask someone from that session at a later point, check and see if it was posted on our social channels, reach out to the speaker directly, find it in the conference presentations after the show, or feel free to contact us! And don’t forget to bring extra batteries to stay charged! If you need to power up, the first two rows of each session room are equipped with chargers and in the Bay Auditorium, there are plugs located at the end of the rows. You may also find plenty of outlets throughout the convention center.
- Don’t forget business cards! Either bring some with you or snap a photo to send to others you meet.
- Wondering what to pack? Keep an eye out in your inbox as we will be sending you an email soon with details about what to wear, transportation options, and everything else you will need to know before traveling.
- After SMX Advanced comes to an end, we’ll collect all speaker presentations and will send out an email to All Access attendees with a link to them. Please allow us a few days after the conference to gather them.
We look forward to bringing you a great show. See you soon at SMX Advanced!
Not able to make it this year? We’ll be back to Seattle again next June – save the date or join us at SMX East in NYC, Sept. 30 – Oct. 2!